-A A +A



Keeping the home clean and tidy is important, however the Council's  priority is to help people with managing their personal care, and ensuring they are well and safe. This means that they are not able to provide help for things like cleaning, shopping and home maintance. If you or your cared for need help with general housework there are a large number of local private homecare agencies who can provide this service.

If you feel that your cared for can manage with things like bathing and getting around your house, but need help with things like housework and food shopping, they can use a private care agency.

They can provide you with staff to help with housework and other things, but you will have to pay for their services. If you receive a Disability Living Allowance (DLA) you could use it for this type of service.

Harmony House - Jobs2do

Harmony house offer a “Jobs2do” service which can help with daily chores that may becoming a struggle in day to day life. If you, or someone you know finds it difficult with things such as cleaning, laundry, gardening and meal preparation and need a little help for a couple of hours a day or week “jobs2do” could help support you or your cared for and make sure that home life stays easy, safe and stress free.

For more information on Jobs2do click here.


A list of regulated agencies can be found on the Care Quality Commission website below:

CQC Website