Please see the below websites to help with home learning your children during the Corona Virus Pandemic. Please click the link HERE if you would like to access a book for children explaining Coronavirus.
https://flamingochicks.org/athome/ - FREE Virtual Classes
PE with Joe is back Monday 11th January at 9am(UK time) - The sessions will be live Mon, Wed & Fri’s at 9am on YouTube
For parents – keeping your child motivated
It can be hard to keep your children motivated through this uncertain time. We’ve got some quick tips and resources for you to help them manage their time while away from school.
- Manage your expectations – your children will not be learning at the same pace or same concentration as at school. Don’t schedule in a normal time, start with just 2-3 hours a day with regular scheduled breaks to keep them focused.
- Make time for relaxation and fun – take any opportunity to have fun together, as well as relax together. The best way to combat stress is to make time to just be together.
- Keep a routine – try to get everyone on the same schedule by keeping start times, finish times and lunch breaks as consistent as possible. This will help your children (and you) separate concentration time from relaxation.
- Review your school plans with your children – some schools have sent out specific work for students to do, whereas others have left more general instructions. Go over the resources provided with your child and discuss what should be prioritised.
Check out some online resources for other ideas to support your children from home, including:
- How to talk to your child about Coronavirus
- Coronavirus homeschooling? Five ways to keep your kids learning, happy and healthy
- Tips for Parents: Homeschooling in the Current Climate
- A site for Youth Workers to bring together relevant guidance, advice and information during COVID-19